PS4Daily.com - The Ultimate Playstation Community

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Ps3 Still worth it?

Ps3 Still worth it?

Hi well once upon a time I had a ps3 and I loved it. I loved killzone and was so interested in lbp. But I had to sell it because of money issue and I haven't had a console in years. Now that the ps4 is coming out I still whanna play the ps3 so I can catch up on my uncharted storyline ect. I have a few questions.

1. Will they still be selling ps3's after ps4 is released or and I going to be forced to buy a used one?

2. I want to make my whole library digital so I always have them but jot if there planning to turn off ps3 psn. Are they gonna continue supporting psn on the ps3?

3.is the ps3 game servers gonna stay up? I want to be able to play my black ops and battlefield for at least another 1-3 years.

4. Are they still going to make games for ps3 after the release of the ps4?

Sent From My Android Device

Add me on PSN: Bradley_Davis129

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: AKA The Seeker PSN ID: AKA_The_Seeker
    1. They just stopped making PS2's this year, so I can't see PS3 going away anytime soon.

2. PSN will probably continue supporting PS3, just because it's got a huge library of games they can continue to make money off of.

3. PS3 had game servers for Black Ops and Battlefield? I thought they were hosted on PSN.

4. Sooner or later they'll dry up, but I know of at least a few games scheduled to release in 2014 for PS3.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. H.L.Mencken

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MikeyStylez PSN ID: mikey_aka_stylez
    Quote Originally Posted by aka the seeker View Post
    1. They just stopped making PS2's this year, so I can't see PS3 going away anytime soon.

2. PSN will probably continue supporting PS3, just because it's got a huge library of games they can continue to make money off of.

3. PS3 had game servers for Black Ops and Battlefield? I thought they were hosted on PSN.

4. Sooner or later they'll dry up, but I know of at least a few games scheduled to release in 2014 for PS3.
    Can't seem to find the link but Sony came out & said the PS3 isn't going anywhere anytime soon. So look for it too still be available & usable for the next 2-3yrs. That's the pitts of being 360 owner, cuz after next yr you have to go XBuno or PS4. Smh M$ haha
    Greatness Happened, Game On!

Twitter: mikeystyles

Google: +Michael Southerd Jr

Quote Originally Posted by mikeystyles View Post
    Can't seem to find the link but Sony came out & said the PS3 isn't going anywhere anytime soon. So look for it too still be available & usable for the next 2-3yrs. That's the pitts of being 360 owner, cuz after next yr you have to go XBuno or PS4. Smh M$ haha
    GO SONY! yea I'm gonna be rocking and using my ps3 till the ps4 slim comes out. I could care less about the " next gen" graphics I have a PC that runs everything on ultra and I'm selling it to buy a ps3 and a bunch of games just because I had more fun on ps3 and liked the controller better.

PS3 will stay around for a couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by bradley129 View Post
    Hi well once upon a time I had a ps3 and I loved it. I loved killzone and was so interested in lbp. But I had to sell it because of money issue and I haven't had a console in years. Now that the ps4 is coming out I still whanna play the ps3 so I can catch up on my uncharted storyline ect. I have a few questions.

1. Will they still be selling ps3's after ps4 is released or and I going to be forced to buy a used one?

2. I want to make my whole library digital so I always have them but jot if there planning to turn off ps3 psn. Are they gonna continue supporting psn on the ps3?

3.is the ps3 game servers gonna stay up? I want to be able to play my black ops and battlefield for at least another 1-3 years.

4. Are they still going to make games for ps3 after the release of the ps4?

1. yes they will still be selling PS3's well after the PS4 is out, heck i still see new PS2's every so often out there, but if they didn't I have a used one I bought 3 years ago and have no issues with it

2. I hope to someday go all digital as well I just dont think now is the time to do it, too many servers and hard drives crash with no back up kept by 3rd parties to let you get your collection back once its wiped out, at least not when it comes to console games

3. The game servers depend on the independent companies that run those servers, some companies shut down old servers as soon as the new version of the game comes out, others keep them up for as long as their is enough users (and profit) to justify keeping them up, I would see the big franchises i.e Battlefield 4, COD staying up for some time

4. The last PS2 game I believe was made this year, maybe last year so with nearly a 100 million installed base compared to not even a million yet with the new console and sony's track record of supporting old systems way beyond the new system coming out shows a good sign games will still come out, too much money to leave behind for 3rd parties.

For what its worth this in my mind is the best time to have a PS3, as people start gradually trading up to PS4 the gamestops will get over swamped with used classics and continue to sell them for low prices making it a great time to catch up on many missed classics

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MikeyStylez PSN ID: mikey_aka_stylez
    Lets just say I'm getting a PS3 again no matter what. I miss GTA5 & want to play Gran Turismo. Not much I can say @ this point but I'm very disappointed.
    Greatness Happened, Game On!

Twitter: mikeystyles

Google: +Michael Southerd Jr

Guess who just got then a new super slim. Feel free to add my psn Bradley_Davis129 just tell me you came from ps4 daily.

Sent from my SCH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    NightAngel79 likes this.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: smokiestnmayer PSN ID: NightAngel725
    Nightangel725 on PSN here! Hope to see ya on there!

Quote Originally Posted by NightAngel79 View Post
    Nightangel725 on PSN here! Hope to see ya on there!
    I sent you a friend request.

Sent from my SCH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast