PS4Daily.com - The Ultimate Playstation Community

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Ps3 Still worth it?

Definitely still worth it, especially with the great PS+ deals.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Almighty-Koz Steam ID: Blessedswine
    i can honestly say the ps3 is way worth it, hell if i didnt own a ps4 or ps3 i would say buy the ps3 now as the ps4 has like 2 games on it worth playing, i know it has indies but im so sick and tired of indies these arent the type of games i buy a 400$ system to play i can play most of these on SNES cause thats the graphic and gameplay style they have minus Resogun, and Contrast. Sorry just frustrated right now that sony is doing the same damn thing they did at the beginning of the ps3 launch, they focus to much on the bigger install base that they dont have games for thier new system for 12-18 months, exclusive wise we got Infamous, MLB the Show, and maybe 2 others by year end. so ill say if you havent had the chance to play the ps3 there are so many great games for it, all 3 uncharted Infamous 1&2, The last of us, just to name a few ive been finding myself playing the ps3 more then the ps4 lately.

I think the PS3 is still worth it until Sony can figure out a way for backwards compatibility. If they can't, then I think the PS3 will always be worth it due to the strong 1st party library available from Sony.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by jrb363 View Post
    I think the PS3 is still worth it until Sony can figure out a way for backwards compatibility. If they can't, then I think the PS3 will always be worth it due to the strong 1st party library available from Sony.
    traditional backwards compatibility is impossible technically sony has said this a few times, but what they are going to do this summer is Playstation Now, which will allow you to play ps3 games that you rent or what have you through a streaming service like onlive.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BlaqueCyrus
    I think this is the best time to have a PS3, especially if you weren't able to purchase most of the games at retail price of their release. There are so many games to choice from with no release dates to hold you back. Especially when companies like GameStop gives you the incentive to buy used games and get another at a reduced price.last but not least, being a member of PS plus allows you to get free games.

I'm in the beta for Playstation Now! It's not that great yet though. I have Verizon Fios and I'm still experiencing framerate issues and slowdowns with simple games like Guacamelee.
    aka the seeker likes this.

Gamer IDs

Overall after being exposed to the playstation now beta, how do you like it?

Gamer IDs

i have the beta through my fathers account and im on comcast and guacamelee runs near perfect, load times are still a litlte slow but im having no issues i didnt experience from the actual game, whats your bandwidth as Fios has different speeds(at least in my area) run the network test on your ps4, im getting currently 85Mbps download and 22Mbps upload on comcast.
    Soulnado4 and aka the seeker like this.

Gamer IDs

I can't wait for it to officially be available , there are a lot of games I want to play and rather pay sony then going thru gamefly or any other service to play their library of games and content.
    aka the seeker likes this.

PS3 prices are great right now, especially if you want to keep it for the long term. It's got a great library of exclusive Sony titles.
    Soulnado4 and aka the seeker like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast