PS4Daily.com - The Ultimate Playstation Community

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Why does it seem like no one I know owns a PS3?

Why does it seem like no one I know owns a PS3?

Everyone I talk to has a 360 but no PS3. I literally only know one person (online not even in real life) who owns one. This is out of about 40 people I have asked. It's obviously doing well, but what happened? Was it the launch price that threw people off? For me until a year ago it was always the most expensive of systems and I just didn't think I could afford one till I went to buy one
    JRAY92 likes this.

If you're in the US, keep in mind that the Xbox 360 is a lot more popular than the PS3. The 360 sold about 44.6 million, whereas the PS3 only sold 27.3 million, at least according to VGchartz. Keep looking, as there are plenty of people out there who have PS3s in the area.

Well anyway, if anyone wants to add me, I am opikal on psn. I would like to see how the social interaction on psn works.

im in the same situation, i owned 2 360s and both red ringed and i finally decided to get a ps3 and only maybe 4 of my friends have a ps3 as well

I used to have one. My girlfriend got one free with a phone contract. Even though it was technically hers, I bought all the games and showed it all the love it needed. I was more devastated, that she took my ps3 away from me than the actual break up. But screw her I kept all the games. Just saving up to get another one.

Itseems like everyone I know owns one.

Free with a phone plan? Sounds like a fun deal

Everybody I know either owns a PS3 or a Xbox 360 while I only know one person that owns a Wii and I don't know anybody with a Wii U. I think more and more gamers are discovering the PS3 now that the PS4 is on the horizon as the console price and games are continuing to decline in price and will more so in the next year or two. In the past, I knew people that skipped the early years of the PS3 and took advantage of a lot of great PS2 hardware and software deals and they were able to build up a great collection without spending a huge amount of money. I suspect that's what people will do with the PS3 until the PS4 has been out for two or three years.

Yea I forgot how long the PS2 lasted, I hope sony supports the PS3 the same way. Nintendo seems to just dump their stuff fast

i bought ps3 last May. I got it brand new with 3 games in a good price.It was very expensive back then that's why i believe most people prefered xbox 360.Starting price was like 600 Euros... i know people that gave that money to buy the console and after that they didn't have money to buy games for it...Sony made a bad calculation when they released it :P Nowdays you can find it for 250 Euros (with some new games).

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast