PS4Daily.com - The Ultimate Playstation Community

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post PS4's 'play while downloading' feature arrives on PS3 first with 'The Last of Us'

Quote Originally Posted by Article
    With the PlayStation 4, Sony is trying to lower the friction in buying games from PSN by letting you start playing games while they're still downloading. Now it looks like the new feature will actually make it to the PlayStation 3 in time for the PSN release of Naughty Dogís anticipated The Last of Us on June 14th. Speaking with Naughty Dog creative director Neil Druckmann and game director Bruce Straley, Game Informer reports that the game will be playable once 50 percent of the content has been downloaded, cutting wait time in half.

Onstage at its big PlayStation 4 announcement in February, PS4 lead system architect Mark Cerny said that players would only have to download "just a fraction" of a gameís content before starting to play, so itís clearly in a different league from what we'll see with The Last of Us. In the longer term, Sony hopes to bring that wait time to zero, pre-emptively downloading games that it thinks youíll want to buy, but for now, a 50-percent cut is nothing to sneeze at.

Source

Well it seems they're testing the idea personally. Making sure it will work and people like it.

Administrator
    "Sony hopes to bring that wait time to zero, pre-emptively downloading games that it thinks you’ll want to buy,"

Interesting..

Quote Originally Posted by Phases View Post
    "Sony hopes to bring that wait time to zero, pre-emptively downloading games that it thinks you’ll want to buy,"

Interesting..
    Yeah no need bud, we'll just borrow your credit card and buy the game for you.

Administrator
    I wish people would buy me stuff!

the statement that they made last february was pretty bold. no wait times at all. discs gotta load.....
    Push to test.
    Release to detonate.

Administrator
    It's magic!

Love this feature, I'm so tired of waiting a whole day or two to play a game because of my crappy download speed

This is good and a huge step forward. My download speed is great but for people like firesonicz, its like heaven. lol

Wow, I wasn't aware of this. It takes me forever to download a game. I have DSL

How would this even work?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast