Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Report: 13-year-old stabs older brother over PS2

Some people just want to watch the world burn

Insane.

Incidents like these are frowned upon

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MikeyStylez PSN ID: mikey_aka_stylez
    What a sad sad story & dunno if I have the words right now. SMH!
    Greatness Happened, Game On!

Twitter: mikeystyles

Google: +Michael Southerd Jr

You guys are missing the point, its all because of the damn Playstation 2 and GTA5!

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BlaqueCyrus
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Kick View Post
    Seriously, the younger brother (the defendant) wants his brother charged for assault because the older brother pushed him. This story is ridiculous. I hope they don't use the mental health excuse for the younger brother, though he may have a disorder. I'd also be interested in knowing their familial situation. What were these children doing at home alone? Also, there's no mention of a father either. As usual, there's a news story that doesn't provide all the details, but regardless this is still sickening and inexcusable.
    like always the media will blow this out of proportion, they will as usual villianize the videogames and say its responsible for the state of violence across the country. They will use GTA as a poster boy for their campaign (cause of it successful sales record) to make a case with parent who don't understand the gaming community. When the reality is that our society is really messed up due to a series of other reason. I think the first thing that we all should question the mental health of the younger child and his perception of the world around him all the way down to his eating habits

WOW

It's very sad to see this report happen and I hope everything works out after this case is finished.
    Also I'm interested as well to see how long this family's history between the brothers been going on since bullying was involved.
    Soulnado4 likes this.

Bullying is a buzz word these days. My brothers "bullied" the hell out of me. That didn't mean I wanted to stab them. I hate when people pull out the "bully" card as an excuse for their violent actions. Now, I don't know all the circumstances in this story, but that whole bit about him teaching his brother a lesson about being a bully? Asinine.

This story is shocking and sad.
    Soulnado4 and aka the seeker like this.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BlaqueCyrus
    It really amazing how violent children are becoming. At first I use to believe that maybe it's the images on tv, the games we play or music we listen that move children into the direction of being violent in nature. But, after reflecting back on my childhood none of those thing were a factor growing up. It all sounded like a deflector to shield parents from owning some of the responsibility.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast