PS4Daily.com - The Ultimate Playstation Community

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: First PS2 game

First PS2 game

Ahh the PS2, the highest-selling game console of all-time. It had an absolutely stellar library of games, such as Metal Gear Solid 2, Jak and Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, Gran Turismo 4, Grand Theft Auto 3, God of War, and Shadow of the Colossus just to name a few. Nobody seems to forget the first time they popped a game into their PS2s, so what was your first PS2 gaming experience?

Ah I remember when I unwrapped my PlayStation 2 for Christmas back in 2003. The Sonic Collection, and Crash Nitro Kart were my first two games. My 3rd game was Spider-Man. My forth was Crash Bandicoot The Wrath of Cortex, and then my 5th...I'll just list mine in order.

1: Sonic's Sega Collection (title might not be correct)
    2: Crash Bandicoot Nitro Kart
    3: Spider-Man
    4: Crash Bandicoot The Wrath of Cortex
    5: Spider-Man 2
    6: Kingdom Hearts
    7: Sly Cooper Thievious Racoonus
    8: Ico
    9: Spider-Man 2
    10: Ratchet Clank
    11: Lego Star Wars
    12: Twisted Metal Black
    13: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
    14: Sly 2 Band of Thieves
    15: Final Fantasy X

I got over board, but whatever

I waited quite a while before jumping into the PS2, mostly because of already being so heavily invested in the Dreamcast and then the Gamecube. What eventually brought me over was the need for another DVD player, which it "worked" as but not spectacularly so. As for the first games I got for it once I had the system, I think they were Gran Turismo 3, Ridge Racer V and Metal Gear Solid 2!

The day I got my PS2 was one of my happiest memories. My mom took me to Toys "R" Us and got me the system and let me pick out any game I wanted for Christmas. Of course I picked Devil May Cry because it looked so darn cool in the commercial. Devil May Cry Commercial from North America - YouTube We brought it home, I set it up and my mom watched me play some and even tried a little herself. I was so blown away by the graphics lol. DMC is still one of my favorite games today.
    Darth Praxis likes this.

First two games I got with my PS2 Where Smuggler's Run and Evergrace. Spent a lot of time on those two until I could afford my next game.

Unfortunately I don't remember my first experience on the PS2 but I remember playing a lot of Jak and Daxter, Tiger Woods, and Gauntlet: Dark Legacy.

I think the first ps2 game we picked up was Final Fantasy 10

MGS2 or GTA III

First PS2 game was Gauntlet Dark Legacy. And we played the heck out of it. After that I eventually got Disgaea: Hour of Darkness (although at the time, I knew almost nothing about it). Played mostly RPGs throughout the PS2 era I think.

Never owned a ps2 which I kind of regret because it had so many good games.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast