PS4Daily.com - The Ultimate Playstation Community

Thread: Immortal

Immortal

Is it possible to you guys that the ps2 is immortal greatest system ever I think so !

The PS2 certainly has the distinction of one of, if not the, longest lifetimes out of all consoles ever made. That's really an incredible achievement, just as the number of consoles sold over the course of the PS2's lifetime is an amazing accomplishment and speaks volumes of the number of quality games made for the system. I'm not sure if Sony will ever be able to replicate the success the company had with the PS2 just as I'm doubtful Nintendo will ever be able to duplicate the success the company had with the Wii. Don't get me wrong though, I don't think the two successes are equal - whereas the Wii succeeded because of the casual, non-gamer type crowd, the PS2 succeeded due to the high-quality games that were directed more toward those that play games regularly.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SwarmJAG PSN ID: HellfireJAG
    I've not looked at all the numbers but I know there was roughly double the number of playstation2 sold in all vs the newer Xbox 360

Nintendo's best selling home console has yet to even surpass the original PS console, let alone the PS2, and Microsoft is well behind both the Wii and PS. Here's hoping Sony can make up for lost ground with the PS4 since the PS3 sold less than both the PS and PS2. I think Sony can if it gives gamers a good, strong reason to pass on Microsoft's new console. The Wii U is in a sorry state right now and doesn't seem to be picking up much steam, so if Sony can overshadow Microsoft, the PS4 has the potential to dominate the market - especially since everything points to the Wii U not catching on like the Wii did. A big Mario game will help a little, but it's not what's going to make the Wii U a hot Christmas gift.

Immortal no viewed as an Immortal yes.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MattVogtProducti View Post
    Is it possible to you guys that the ps2 is immortal greatest system ever I think so !
    i think so it is possible

I think the N64 stands the test of time far greater.